Local Governing Body
Within the STAR Multi Academy Trust, each school has a Local Governing Board (LGB) that supports the work of the Trust and the school. It has certain delegated authority to oversee the running of the school under the Scheme of Delegation as defined by the Trust Board of the STAR Multi-Academy Trust. The Register of Business Interests is available via the Trust Board website.
STAR MAT Scheme of Delegation
Register of Interests
The Register of Business Interests is available via the Trust Board website.
Minutes of the LGB for each school are available on request from the School Office or email@example.com
Local governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the Headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, the Governors set the school’s aims and some school specific policies.
Governors are people who have an interest in the role of schools in society and wish to make a positive contribution to their communities.
They will have enquiring minds and contribute to the effective running of the school and the educational achievements of its pupils.
Aligned to its improvement role, the governing body is there to be a ‘critical friend’ who can provide the right balance between supporting and helping the Trust to challenge the performance of both the head teacher and the school.
Main aims of a Governing Body
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To assist the Trust in holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To help the Trust to oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
They also carry out a number of other important duties alongside the Trust, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming and reviewing policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe.
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies.
- Setting and monitoring the school’s development plan.
- Setting and monitoring progress towards challenging but achievable targets.
Our Local Governing Board for 2023 - 2024
|Type of Local Governor
|Current Office ends
|Elected by Parent Body
|Elected by Parent Body
|Elected by staff
|Invited to attend
The StarMAT Scheme of Delegation and other information about StarMAT Governance can be found by following the link below:
Our Chair of Governors is Anna Pearce. She can be contacted by writing to the school address, or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org